01 October 2010

desert..

i haven't been able to get this song out of my head and heart ever since hearing the shelly moore band play it during worship at nc state's campus crusade meeting last week. the main lyrics that hit hard were these:

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship


i feel like i spend a ton of time talking to God [and thinking and venting to whoever will listen :)] about not knowing what season i'm in.. it's not only that i don't know where i am, it's that sometimes i'm still in denial about where i [all of a sudden] am as well. in some ways, the quickness with which life has changed for me [and for us] in the past couple years has kept me from letting [or wanting] it all to sink in.. and that night it felt like He was looking right at me saying, it doesn't matter. not knowing what season you're in is in itself a season and even in the midst of that, it's about me.. not you.. and no matter what, you always always always have reasons to sing.. to be thankful, joyful, humbled and to worship me. i couldn't stop the tears from flowing that night or wipe the smile off my face.. and that was just what i needed. i felt closer to him than i have in so long and it was so refreshing. and challenging.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing this, Alinna. I feel like it is so applicable to me in my situation and upcoming situation in life. Love you, sweet friend! Hope you have fun in FL!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...